• UID3570
  • Fans0
  • Follows0
  • Posts2
Reads:1076Replies:3

DO I NEED ELASTIC IP TO ALLOW FOR FTP ACCESS

Created#
More Posted time:Sep 12, 2017 17:39 PM
Hello, please i need your help on this as I am absolutely new to Alibaba Cloud Infrastructure, I will like to be able to access my files via ftp but my technical professional is now asking me that I need to get an elastic IP for this to be achieve. Please I need hellp, how does this work.

Fouad
Intern
Intern
  • UID3560
  • Fans0
  • Follows0
  • Posts15
1st Reply#
Posted time:Sep 13, 2017 11:47 AM
If your instance is a VPC instance with already assigned public IP, then you do not need to purchase an EIP. you can use your current Public IP to connect via FTP. (By the way, binding an EIP to an instance which already has a public IP is not allowed in Alicloud).

If your instance do not have a Public IP, you should buy an EIP and bind it to the instance. Then you can publicly access your instance

BrianBae
Intern
Intern
  • UID5909
  • Fans0
  • Follows0
  • Posts37
2nd Reply#
Posted time:Jul 11, 2018 17:05 PM

You should open firewall from Security Group from the management console.

JohnHanley
Assistant Engineer
Assistant Engineer
  • UID5606
  • Fans1
  • Follows1
  • Posts52
3rd Reply#
Posted time:Jul 14, 2018 1:53 AM
I would like to add to Fouad comment "By the way, binding an EIP to an instance which already has a public IP is not allowed in Alicloud"

You can bind an EIP address to an ECS instance that has a Public IP address. However, the Public IP address will be released when the EIP is assigned to the instance. After an EIP is assigned and then removed, you cannot reassign a Public IP address. This is important to remember when managing Internet access to your ECS instances.