Serverless Devs accompany you to become stronger
Serverless Devs is an open source project in the field of Serverless initiated by Alibaba. Its purpose is to contribute an open source, vendor lockable Serverless developer tool with developers. It is hoped that this tool can play a role in the entire life cycle of developers developing Serverless applications, allowing developers to play with Serverless like using mobile phones.
In 2022, Serverless Devs again joined a series of university open source activities supported by the Open Source Software Supply Chain Lighting Plan of the Software Research Institute of the Chinese Academy of Sciences - Open Source Summer 2022. This activity aims to encourage students in school to actively participate in the development and maintenance of open source software, promote the vigorous development of excellent open source software communities, and cultivate and explore more outstanding developers. The event collaborates with major open source communities at home and abroad to provide project tasks for the development and maintenance of important open source software, and is open to enrollment by university students worldwide.
In this activity, you can not only get the opportunity to learn and communicate with top Serverless tutors, but also receive a generous bonus for students who pass the examination. Students are welcome to apply actively.
Apply directly (or click at the end of the text to read the original text):
Activity operation mode
• The main roles of participants in the event are students, communities, and mentors.
• The community provides a list and description of projects, and arranges mentors for the corresponding projects.
• Students can independently choose projects of interest to apply for, and receive the opportunity to be personally guided by a senior maintainer (community mentor) of the software after winning the selection. Depending on the difficulty and completion of the project, participants will also receive a bonus and a certificate of completion for the Open Source Summer event.
This year, Serverless Devs announced four projects in the summer of open source, all led by the community maintainer, with a difficulty level of "Advanced". The topic types cover multiple fields such as component development, application development, tool maintenance, and plug-in development.
Serverless component development
As a professional developer tool in the field of Serverless, Serverless Devs is committed to playing a role in the entire lifecycle of Serverless applications. Over time, on the one hand, Serverless Devs has been able to support FaaS products from many manufacturers, but its support for BaaS products is relatively weak; On the other hand, Serverless Devs should have a deeper exploration of ecological integration, such as handing over operations related to resource creation and management to Terraform.
Serverless application development
Serverless Devs has many functions and components, but it is hoped that some targeted cases can be more friendly to developers and users, helping everyone to complete the experience more quickly. Therefore, students who choose this topic need to understand the Serverless architecture, participate in the development and design of experience cases.
Serverless Devs VSCode plug-in development
As a full lifecycle management tool for Serverless applications, Serverless Devs still exists in the form of a command line, so its support in development mode is relatively weak. Students who choose this topic need to understand the relevant content of Serverless Devs and have basic business development capabilities to complete the VSCode plug-in design and development of Serverless Devs.
Serverless Community Edition UI Construction
Serverless Devs currently has the ability to observe, edit, and other related capabilities, but they are scattered single page content. Students who choose this topic need to have an existing foundation in Serverless and Web application development. Through further learning of Serverless, they can develop a Serverless Devs UI and contribute it to the community.
• The 2022 Open Source Summer event is aimed at school students aged 18 or older.
• Students who are about to graduate during the summer vacation can submit their application on the official website as long as their student ID is within the valid period at the time of application.
• Overseas students can provide documents such as admission notices, student cards, and proof of study to prove their identity.
We look forward to you:
• Have a certain understanding of back-end languages, especially Node.js/Typescript;
• Have a positive exploration heart, constantly discover problems, and constantly innovate and challenge;
• Have a positive and responsible attitude, not only to learn, but also to have a commitment to one thing and be willing to explore new things.
• Have a certain understanding of Serverless;
• Have a certain understanding of CI/CD, environmental classification, etc;
• Have developed complete projects and have contributed experience in open source.
Participate in the process
• Have a deeper understanding and understanding of the Serverless architecture, and deeply participate in the development work of the Serverless Devs community;
• A strong mentoring camp helps students quickly accumulate development experience and experience the entire process of enterprise level development processes and businesses from 0 to 1 to N;
• It is important for improving one's technical ability and career breadth;
• Rich rewards, including official bonuses and certificates issued by the Open Source Summer.
Knowledge Base Team
Knowledge Base Team
Knowledge Base Team
Knowledge Base Team
Explore More Special Offers
50,000 email package starts as low as USD 1.99, 120 short messages start at only USD 1.00