Common Cross-border Scenarios
- Web Hosting
- Cloud Security
- Express Connect
Website load speed is crucial anywhere in the world and especially in a mobile-centric market such as China. The best option to minimize latency, improve SEO visibility, and provide high availability is to host in Mainland China.
- 1. Choose from seven regions in Mainland China to host your website with multiple availability zones in each region.
- 2. Access expert support for ICP application.
- 3. Host your website on a server in your home region and deploy on a CDN to accelerate delivery of static files to end-users in China.
- 4. Website owners who are not eligible to deploy in Mainland China may opt to deploy in Hong Kong.
As a leader in the e-commerce industry, Alibaba Cloud understands that launching a cross-border e-commerce platform requires a sophisticated architecture to deliver online content and protect online transactions.
- 1. If your website has a large number of static resources, you can use CDN to store and deliver static content and accelerate content loading.
- 2. Safeguard your website from cyber intrusions with Server Guard, Mobile Security, and WAF.
- 3. Issue recommendations to users and analyze visitor behavior with Big Data-based products, and leverage DirectMail and Open Search to better serve your end-users.
Alibaba Cloud offers a suite of purpose-built cloud products to protect against common attacks in China and safeguard sensitive data and online transactions.
- 1. Add Anti-DDoS Basic to your architecture at no extra cost. This enables you to mitigate attacks by routing traffic away from your infrastructure, including protection at the application and volumetric level.
- 2. Defend against massive DDoS attacks with Anti-DDoS Pro, WAF, and Server Guard, and isolate your cloud network to operate resources in a secure environment with VPC.
- 3. Alibaba Cloud is the first cloud services provider to receive CSA STAR Certification and first cloud services provider to be certified with the ISO27001 Information Security Management System Certification in China.
Deliver web applications to end-users in China, including delivery of gaming, video streaming, financial services, and SaaS platforms without performance issues through a high-speed and secure dedicated network connection.
- 1. Use Alibaba Cloud Express Connect to join different network environments over long distances and enjoy low latency, stable quality, and high bandwidth comparable to an intranet communication.
- 2. Link with a Virtual Private Cloud to provide a secure and stable private network channel for communication.
- 3. Reduce long-distance packet loss rate to less than 0.2%.
Alibaba Cloud in China
With a 40% share of the local market, Alibaba Cloud is the undeniable leader in China's cloud computing market
Extensive Network Coverage
Alibaba Cloud has seven data centers in Mainland China and more than 1,000 CDN nodes connected by a multi-line BGP backbone network. This guarantees stable connectivity between major network providers in China and fast access for end-users.
Alibaba Cloud has a proven track record in providing high-performance. This includes processing up to 140,000 orders a second during the world's largest e-commerce festival and hosting the railway ticket site 12306.com, which records up to 40 billion page views a day leading up to Chinese Spring Festival.
Applying for ICP certification can be a complicated and time-consuming process. Alibaba Cloud has a team of bilingual experts to help walk you through the application. Users that obtain an ICP Filing are entitled to 30 days extended free usage of ECS, which should be purchased in advance.
Alibaba Cloud's security products are trusted by over 40% of websites hosted in China, which includes free Anti-DDoS Basic service, automatic snapshots, triplicated backups, and advanced services that have set records in DDoS attack protection.
- China Regions
- Hong Kong
Grow your business in China with other Alibaba Group services
- Online Payments
- Digital Marketing
“We have found that Alibaba Cloud's DNS is more reliable than any other DNS service provider in China and the U.S. In fact, our service availability with the number of mobile carriers has increased significantly from 50% to 200% after switching to Alibaba Cloud.”
BorderX LabE-commerce App, USA
As BorderX Lab caters to a global audience, we required a robust IT infrastructure to connect consumers with merchants while managing different applications running in multiple data centers across countries. Alibaba Cloud is well established, reliable and they understood exactly our infrastructure needs as an e-commerce company. Also, the global presence of Alibaba Cloud, especially its strong presence in China, was one of the primary reasons we chose Alibaba Cloud. Learn more
“There were two things that impressed me the most. One thing is the smooth ICP application process Alibaba Cloud provides. Our users all use this process to apply for ICP for their own domains, and they all think the process is easy for them. The other thing is the CDN service. According to my benchmark result, Alibaba Cloud wins on the number of edge servers, average response time, average download speed in all major ISPs and provinces.”
StrikinglyFounder and CEO
StrikinglyWebsite Building Platform, USA
As an international website building platform, obtaining an ICP license for China is very important to our users. The actual process of obtaining an ICP license though is quite complex. With Alibaba Cloud’s built-in and easy-to-follow ICP application process, it has helped with our user experience a lot. Also, we switched from another CDN provider to Alibaba Cloud because the previous CDN network was a bit spotty and can be slow sometimes in some areas. Learn more
“We can now offer on average a 20x performance improvement over the regular Internet for China users, and without Alibaba Cloud’s presence in the different metropolitan areas, this would not be possible. The Alibaba Cloud footprint also offers a more stable infrastructure between China and other regions that we’ve seen with other cloud providers.”
TeridionFounder and CTO
TeridionCloud solution provider, U.S & Israeli
Our goal is to provide a peak user experience across any geography, ultimately benefiting customer retention and revenue for our customers. To enable this, we need to be able to deploy our GCN as close as possible to our customers’ end-users. As international business to and from China increases, we therefore required a cloud service provider partner with a local presence in China and also could offer a service in other geographies. Alibaba Cloud met both requirements. Learn more
Webinar: Guide to Cybersecurity Compliance in China
Learn what you need to know about China's Cybersecurity Law in this free webinar.
Time: Wed, Dec 20, 09:00 AM - 10:00 AM UTC+8
China Business in the Digital Era: Challenges, Developments & Trends
Attend our offline event, and receive a practical overview of the digital challenges that German companies face doing business in China.
Dec. 4th-8th 2017, Hamburg, Frankfurt, Munich, Berlin
Webinar: How to Apply for an ICP License in 2017
Watch this recorded webinar to gain a clear understanding of the ICP registration process.